Cartoonist Aseem Trivedi was charged with sedition for making a caricature of the National Emblem. Here is a poster by a national party. Now who is the real culprit? This cartoon made by Aseem Trivedi (national emblem with wolves faces ) has caused such a distress for Congress Government in Center and Maharashtra that he has been arrested on following charges.
1. Sedition under Section 124 A of the Indian Penal Code a non bailable offence.
2. Charged under the IT Act and the 1971 National Emblem Act.
The whole development is a unique one and one the most grievous attempt to curb freedom of speech. I would like to point out some of the incident which has happened in recent times.
1. M F Hussain one of the most celebrated painter from India painted nude picture of Indian Goddess the sentiments of Hindu religion didn’t get hurt. I defend his right to paint anything but I am in extreme doubt that if a Hindu or Muslim Painter would have painted Allah or Muhammad sex life then he would have spared. Either he would have been killed by Muslim fanatics or Government of India would have put that person in jail because Muslims votes matters.
2. An intellectual whose name is Arundhati Roy always say that Kashmir should be granted freedom. No sedition charges. Indian government avoid it because it may have made Arundhati Roy a hero on international forum.
3. In 2008 on 26 Nov Mumbai Attack happened and for three days India financial capital was ceased by Pakistan sponsored terrorist. In less than four years India has signed a Visa agreement with Pakistan which will ease visa process. I think that this whole agreement will lead us towards now Pakistan can send legal Kasab and Fanatic Mullah in this country to spread fanaticism and terror.
Not a single terrorist Pakistan have handled to India and it will never happen.
There is no meaning of the life of all the people who have died in last ten years in all the Pakistan sponsored bomb blast. If India is thinking that by ppeneterating Pakistani economy to that level that Pakistani Government and Society could not afford a war with India then it is their biggest mistake.
India and Pakistan relationship is not like what France and Germany has.
Recently a Proffessor from Jhadavpur University in West Bengal was arrested because he has made some cartoons against Mamta Banerjee CM of West Bengal. It appears that Indian Government principle party which is ruling in Maharashtra also has been infected by Mamta Banerjee bug.
The man who desecrated Amar Jawan memorial will be booked under the charges of sedition or not. Vote politics as it will hurt the sentiments of Muslim. Indian government is extremely specific in picking the cases.
The cartoon is one year old and certainly there are some serious ill motive of Indian Government in arresting Aseem Trivedi under the charges of Sedition. It is ridiculous that some one who is acting under all sanity to defend the Indian constitution and India is treated under the charges of Sedition.
Aseem Trivedi is taking on the political system in India with utmost sarcasm. Indian Government should have asked that an Indian of any caste, creed and religion in India feel about these cartoons. They will say that it is truth and it reflects the hope less situation of India. It is a defense less case but how government will defend.
The Government of India will defend it on the name of the sacredness of Parliament of India, Constitution Of India and National Emblem of India. Aseem Trivedi strategy in his cartoon was simple that how Indian Political system of India has downgraded the purity and importance of these symbols.
By the way have you seen congrees poster for election in southern part of the India just have a look here and see who is the bloody culprit.
Have a look on some of his cartoons.
Mr Edis said it was at that point that her parents put together a ‘hastily arranged’ plan to fly to Pakistan with Shafilea and persuade her into an arranged marriage with a cousin.
However while staying with her grandparents in rural Pakistan, she drank from a bottle of bleach, causing severe damage to her throat. ‘If it was not a suicide attempt, it was an act of desperation,’ Mr Edis said. ‘It put an end to the idea that she was going to get married and live in Pakistan.’
Shafilea flew home in May and spent the summer receiving regular hospital treatment before enrolling at sixth-form college to study A-levels while also working in telesales. The court heard she resumed her Western lifestyle, bringing her into fresh conflict with her parents’ ‘concept of shame and honour’.
Accused: Iftikhar Ahmed, left, and Farzana Ahmed, right, are said to have killed their 17-year-old daughter because she refused to obey them